Dr. Thomas L. Read, (CV) CEO of Read Consulting received his PhD. from Stanford University in 1972. He has over 25 years of manufacturing experience in electronics, metallurgy, factory safety, failure analysis, glass fracture, glass failure and bottle failure. As a member of the electronics industry, Dr. Read has earned process patents and has an extensive background in manufacturing techniques. In parallel, he has spent over twenty-five years as a consultant to attorneys and engineers in the areas of failure analysis, metallurgy, glass fracture, glass failure, bottle failure, factory safety, manufacturing problems, intellectual property and patent disputes. During this time he has made numerous depositions and court appearances. Below is a partial list of the types of cases he has worked on:
- Failure Analysis; Factory Safety and Personal Injury (included are machine guards and manufacturing safety).
- Glass Failure Analysis; Glass Fracture, Glass Failures, Bottle Failure; Metal Failures; Ceramic Failures; Grinding Wheel Failures
- Intellectual Property and Patent Disputes
- Product Liability and Product Quality
- Manufacturing Disagreements (such as Intellectual Property, failed equipment and contract disputes).
- Evaluation of manufacturing capabilities for banks and other financial institutions.
- Reverse Engineering
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering
Stanford University, 1972
MS Materials Science
Stanford University, 1969
BS Metallurgical Engineering
University of Pennsylvania, 1965
Tercer Curso Pan Americano de Metallurgica
Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1968.
(Fluent in written and spoken Spanish.)